With no grades or course credit, YYGS encourages students to approach all aspects of the program creatively and with the understanding that they set their own limits. Students receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the session.
The diverse and inclusive community at YYGS enhances learning by inviting students to analyze issues from multiple perspectives. Living and learning alongside peers from around the world allows students to broaden their own world views by learning about countries and cultures they have never encountered before.
Living in Yale’s residential college gives students a taste of life at Yale University. Students are able to explore Yale’s campus and the surrounding area in their down time.*
In order to apply to YYGS, applicants MUST fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Age: Be at least 15 years old by February 6, 2019 (application deadline).
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: Be graduating in May/June 2020 or 2021 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2019 or 2020 from the Southern Hemisphere.
YYGS accepts applications from ALL countries.
YYGS reviews all applications holistically. Our staff understands that students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and with different educational and extracurricular opportunities. As a result, the essays and letters of recommendation are the most important parts of the application.
YYGS Application – Required Components:
- Activities list
- One 500-word essay and two 200-word responses
- Official school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial standardized test scores, if available (submit or waive)
- Need-based financial aid (submit or waive)
- $60 application fee
- You must click the Finalize & Pay button on the “Review” page for your application to be considered.
more about YYGS