Program Administrator, International Development (Africa and Asia)
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) – Washington, DC
The Program Administrator will support ANSI’s International Policy Department in the administration and implementation of our international projects and development programs. This primarily includes support for one current project, with a particular focus on water and sanitation needs in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. The position may include tasks associated with other projects and assisting in the identification and pursuit of new opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include
- Supporting the Director, International Development, Manager, International Development, and other staff in the administration and implementation of one primary international development project. This includes supporting organization of workshops and other events; developing content for a program specific website, communication with the donor, country program partners, and potential international workshop participants; drafting of project reports and other deliverables, and other activities as needed.
- Engaging program country officials in government and the private sector, working to promote and implement solutions for improved sanitation at multiple levels.
- Performs administrative tasks associated with event planning and meeting organization, including meetings/events held outside the United States.
- Helping to ensure that ANSI’s international projects and development initiatives effectively communicate and promote U.S. policies and positions for standards and conformance.
- Supporting the Director, International Development as needed in the development of proposals or other fundraising for new programs to advance ANSI’s mission internationally.
- Engaging external stakeholders including ANSI members, donor organizations, WASH partners, and others in support of ANSI’s international development programs.
- Implementing ANSI policies and administrative decisions, and lends expertise to ANSI’s international policy development.
We are looking for candidates with
- A Bachelors’ degree, with an advanced degree a strong plus – preferably in one or more of the following fields: international development; sanitation engineering; government relations
- Foreign language skills – Written and oral communication skills in French or Mandarin Chinese a strong plus
- 2 years of work experience, in a related field
- International experience (either studying or working) strongly preferred, particularly in Africa and/or Asia
- Exposure to international development/WASH is a plus
- Background in standardization, conformity assessment or regulatory fields a plus
- A team player orientation
- Good interpersonal skills, highly organized, open-minded, flexible self-starter.
- The ability to work effectively in fast-paced and rapidly changing environments
- The ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization
- Project management experience; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Outstanding written and oral English communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
ANSI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
The position requires extensive international travel, particularly sub-Saharan Africa and Asia (up to 60%)
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Apply using this link local job network