Open Innovation Challenge: Youth for Africa and SDGs Ecosystem Challengetive Solutions
Deadline: 14 October 2018
Are you an ecosystem player in Africa passionate about the continent with an innovative solution to development challenges facing the youth? If yes, then apply for the Open Innovation Challenge and Call for Youth for Africa and SDGs Ecosystem Challengetive Solutions Addressing Development Challenges Facing Youth in Africa.
YAS! is a portal-platform for Africa’s youth entrepreneurial ecosystem. The portal-platform supports the development and growth of youth entrepreneurship in Africa by creating a marketplace for eco-system players, namely investors, large corporates and governments. The portal-platform aims to connect entrepreneurs to resources they need to develop and grow their idea or business. Users on the platform can interact on the provided values of: learning, ecosystem map, challenges and opportunities.
The purpose of the ecosystem challenge is to seed youth entrepreneurship focused activities in localities that have a weak or nascent youth entrepreneurship ecosystem through provision of catalytic grant capital of 10,000 USD. The ecosystem challenge invites applications from ecosystem players such as (but not limited to) incubators, innovation hubs, youth entrepreneurship networks, co-working spaces, entrepreneurship centres, universities and student groups. Applicants are asked to design an impactful ecosystem intervention and a sustainability plan for running this initiative.
An indicative list of eligible activities that can be pursued through the proposed solution includes:
- Entrepreneurship boot camps
- Local networking events addressing specific themes and topics,
- Financial modelling
- Branding and marketing
- Business speed dating
- Panel discussions, example barriers in establishing, sustaining, and growing business
- Business plan competitions
- Mentoring sessions
- Coaching sessions
Applicant’s are eligible for the challenge if applicant answer “yes” to all the following questions:
- Do you have at least two years of relevant experience in entrepreneurship and business development?
- Do you have an innovative, replicable, scalable idea that could transform your community, country or even Africa?
- Would you like to contribute towards the attainment of the SDGs and therein especially gender-related targets and indicators of SDG 1 (poverty), SDG 5 (gender equality and empowerment of women and girls), SDG 8 (decent employment) and SDG 9 (industry, innovation and infrastructure)?
- Do you have the passion to help Africa progress – but struggle to find the support you need to turn your idea into reality?
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Open Innovation Challenge.